Operational Risk Management Model
Bluecap led the change in one of the top 3 Spanish entities towards an Advanced Operational Risk Management Model with a strong involvement and leadership of senior managers.
The client chose Bluecap to lead a cultural change in its operational risk management with strong emphasis on the integration in management with the following objectives:
- Evolution towards more advanced models.
- Management of the operational risk as the entity’s BAU.
- Anticipate regulatory changes: the project was carried out in parallel with the introduction of the Single Supervisory Mechanism requirements.
Bluecap succeeded in implemented all bases necessary for a change in the Bank’s DNA, ensuring:
- A cross-sectional change: cultural and operational throughout the entire organisation (more than 10 areas involved in the change) with considerable involvement at senior management levels.
- Identification and anticipation of the existing operational risks.
- Establishing continuous improvement systems for the operational processes and the existing control structure.
- Promoting an operational risk management culture especially oriented towards increasing awareness of the risk.
- Assimilation of synergies in the management of operational risks at Group level.
- Presentations to the Supervisor of a management model in line with top industry benchmarks.
Other case studies
Defining the risk management model of a financial institution in Latin America